Have you ever spent an afternoon setting site collection properties manually on every site collection in your farm? How about going through and activating features following an upgrade? These are just two simple examples of where PowerShell can turn an entire afternoon worth of work into just a few minutes. In this session we’ll start off with a familiarization of PowerShell and progress into capabilities and usage scenarios of the out of the box SharePoint 2010 cmdlets.
Presented at SharePoint Saturday, Virginia Beach (January 7, 2012)
- STSADM -> PowerShell Mapping
- Scripting with Windows PowerShell (5part webcast series)
- PowerShell Power Hour (monthly lunchtime webcasts)
- Automating Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0. Gary Lapointe, Shannon Bray
- Automating Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0. Matthew Hester, Sarah Dutkiewicz
- Windows PowerShell Command Builder
Despite being marketed as an entertainment device rather than a mobile platform for business, the iPad continues to gain traction as a mobile device for the next generation business user. For some organizations, the rich user interaction and usability afforded by the iPad is a compelling reason to work towards cross-platform capability or iPad specific versions of line-of-business systems. In this session we’ll review custom iPad specific enhancements for SharePoint 2010, including changes to the user interface based on the orientation of the device.
Presented at SharePoint Saturday Virginia Beach (January 7, 2012).